shabby blogs background

Monday 22 January 2018

Gettin' Crafty at Christmas








What a gorgeously relaxed Christmas we had this year - one year on from our move to Nova Scotia, properly settled into our home and plenty of time to enjoy the build up to the festive season.  Missed our family madly, but the internet is a wonderful thing for keeping in touch with friends and family.  When I was in my early twenties I lived in California for a couple of years, and kept in touch with my darling Mum by airmail letter alone - not even a phone call as it was so expensive.  So although we would have loved to have everyone here, we counted our blessings as always for living this amazing life in the home of our dreams, and had a very jolly time of it.  Friends came over on Christmas Day, we ate, drank and played silly party games and just enjoyed every single minute!  I went to a Christmas Craft Fair at the local High School, which was super impressive for a small town, and I came away with not-so-secret ambitions to have a table there myself one day; I so enjoyed making all of these things, what a great excuse it would be to make lots more!  I planned to get stuck into it in January, but then remembered that I still need to finish recovering the seat cushions for our tiny caravan, a task that's been hanging over me for-evvvver.  So I bit the bullet and now I am 4 cushions down and 5 to go, very happy that I am making progress with that.  Pics to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment