shabby blogs background

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy Homemade Christmas!!

All unwrapped and, I'm pleased to say, well received by their recipients...

 My first attempt at decoupage - one box which I filled with spring bulbs for my Mum, and one for some buttons and bits for my comrade-in-crafts, the lovely Jane.
 I made two of these but forgot to take a photo of the other one - decoupage frames with applique centres.  I absolutely love UPV glue - it's very tolerant of my slapdash handiwork :) 
 A 'tulip' cushion for my eldest daughter (who's name is Laleh, which is 'tulip' in Farsi)......
 ....and a 'lily' cushion for my younger daughter Susanne (yes, you guessed it, that's Farsi for Lily!).  Neither of these cushions came out how I planned; I was aiming for grown up dark velvets but due to lack of suitable fabrics they came out rather twee!  But the girls seemed very pleased nevertheless.  And that, I think, is the beauty of 'homemade' - it really is the thought that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment