shabby blogs background

Friday 23 December 2011

Putting pen to paper

Now that I have posted all my Christmas cards, I won’t be spoiling anyone’s surprise by posting a pic on here.  It’s the first time I have put ink pen (ballpoint in this case) to drawing paper for a few good years, so I found the lettering a bit of a challenge and had to have a quick google to get the reindeer in reasonable shape.  But overall I think they look okay and its all part of the learning curve.  Although I realise now that a large glass of red wine does not an accurately constructed card make - I’ll save that for the creative stages in future and stick to coffee for the technical bits.  

Talking of technical bits…. I went to a Christmas Fun Day at a local community centre the week and was most impressed by a gentlemen carpenter who was helping kids build basic bird boxes. The sight of a gleeful 7 year old hooning into a bit of wood with a power drill, which I’m sure  would have sent many an over-cautious parent into a flat spin, gave me hope for the future.  So we had a good old chat about letting kids experiment under a watchful eye to give them a sense of responsibility and pride – the grin on that kids face said it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment